20130302

Make Yourself More Secure On Internet - What Is 2 Factor Authentication


 
I am a security maniac, infact I love to make myself secure more and more on Internet because I know that I can't trust anyone once I am connected to Internet. But to make myself secure, I only adopt those methods which are reliable and really authentic.

I know many of you will start saying that I have a stronger password and Hackers will not be able to guess it. It's good that you have a strong password but what you will do if you become a Victim of Phishing, or If someone looks your password over your shoulder (my friends are like that :p) or you accidentally used your strong password at a website which itself is not that much secure, well in that case your strong password will be of no use.

Classic Method Of Authentication

We are so much use to Standard Login procedure (wherever we enter Username and Password), that we hardly think about how secure this system really is?. Whoever has your account password, can easily open your account without any trouble, because that's what that website really cares about. (Image Credit: MLSListings)
 
 
This type of security is considered as One Factor Authentication, because the only thing which is in between the website and your account is your Password. If your Password was too weak for Hackers to crack it, than you can easily lose your personal stuff on Internet anytime.
 
Please keep sending me your replies / feedback after reading the article and keep asking me the questions about the things which you want to learn about. WHAT I NEED IS JUST A REPLY OR A FEEDBACK FROM YOU GUYS.


You can like my Facebook page or follow me on Twitter or Google+ Community where you can ask me questions and you will also get the notifications of all the new articles which I post on my blog.

Another Example Of One Factor Authentication

Imagine you have a Locker, which can only be open with its Master Key. The locker doesn't care who is opening it, because it doesn't have a capability to recognize its owner and the only thing which it cares about is its Master Key. This means, regardless of who is having that key, anyone with its Master Key can open your Locker and POOF!!!! all of your savings are gone.

If A Strong Password Is Not Enough, Than What To Do?
 
When it comes to your personal stuff, sensitive information and confidential data, take my advice : Don't Trust Anyone On Internet. Use your own brain and store your information only on those websites which are highly rated, well known and provide you top level of security. That's what everyone of us should do and follow.

This doesn't mean at all that you don't use those web services which are not that much famous or don't have a great level of security. You should take their services as well, but don't share your personal information with them As Simple As That.