In 1923 , eight of the wealthiest people in the world met .
Their combined wealth , estimated, exceeded the wealth of
the government of the United States (there was no Apple and recession then).
These men knew how to make a living and accumulate wealth .
It's very interesting to read about what happened to these 8 wealthiest
people in the world , 25 years later …..
So 25 years later.......
1. President of the largest Steel Company , Charles Schwab , died bankrupt .
2. President of the largest Gas Company , Howard Hubson , went insane .
3. One of the greatest commodity traders , Arthur Cutton , died insolvent .
4. President of the New York Stock Exchange, Richard Whitney , was sent to jail .
5. A member of the President’s Cabinet , Albert Fall , was pardoned from jail .
6. The greatest “bear” on Wall Street , Jessie Livermore , committed suicide .
7. President of the world’s greatest monopoly , Ivar Krueger , committed suicide .
8. President , Bank of International Settlement , Leon Fraser , committed suicide .
So, what happened? Where did they go wrong?
They most certainly made lots and lots of money.
They were very wealthy . But what did they lack then?
In fact , as much as they knew how to make a living, they forgot to
make a life! Instead, they just made Money! Money provides comfort and status,
so true. It also provides food for the hungry, medicine for the sick, clothes for
the needy; and shelter for the homeless, yet, noteworthy to mention
that is only a medium of exchange.
Our education system needs to share two kinds of education .
One that teaches us skills on how to make a living ; and one that teaches us values
on how to live life , free from entrapment of chasing after an illusion of happiness .
Many people are entrapped in that chase neglecting health , family , the social responsibilities ,
the environment and moment by moment of real deep fresh breathing . The kids are sleeping
when we leave home . They are sleeping when we come home . Twenty years later ,
we WILL turn back , and they’ll all be gone . Same goes for our health , dreams ,
and purpose in life . Twenty years later , they will all be gone or a far distant memory .
Without water , a ship cannot move . The ship needs water . Yet , if the water gets
into the ship, the ship will face problems and potentially sink. Similarly , we live in a time
where earning is a necessity ; but let not the earning enter our hearts ; for , what was once
a means of living , will become heavy chain, an entrapment and a means of destruction !!!???
So take a moment and ask yourself ….
"Has the water entered my ship ?”